End Overeating and Drop Unwanted Pounds for Good
Losing weight and successfully maintaining it over the long term is not as much about what you put in your stomach; it’s more about what’s happening in the brain. In Brain-Powered Weight Loss, psychotherapist and weight management expert Eliza Kingsford shows that more than 90 percent of people who go on diet programs (even healthy ones) fail or eventually regain because they have a dysfunctional relationship with food. Changing this relationship by changing the way you think about and behave around food is what it takes to permanently achieve weight-loss success. Kingsford’s 11-step first-of-its-kind program enlists dozens of mind-altering and behavior-changing exercises and techniques and shows you how to:
• Identify and reverse the conscious and unconscious thinking errors and food triggers that lead to the behaviors that drive our food decisions.
• Let go of the mindset of going on or off a diet in favor of a conscious quest to pursue a lifestyle of healthy eating and everyday activity—one that can last forever.
• Successfully use what Kingsford calls “dealing skills” to outsmart high-risk situations, tame stressful times, and prevent an eating “slip” from leading to a setback or all-out binge.
• Find out if you have what emerging research shows is an addiction to certain high-fat and sugar-added, processed foods that can be as powerful as addiction to cigarettes and narcotics.
• Design a personal healthy eating program built on Kingsford’s 10 Principles of Healthy Eating.